We Provide Everything You Need To Start Your Own Coffee Business
The services offered under our Hard Bean Café program are designed to provide you with a comprehensive game plan to assist you in building your own coffee business.. We will share our industry knowledge and years of experience throughout the entire process, including pre-opening guidance and post-opening support.
Even though we are not a franchise and do not charge royalties, we offer valuable programs and services to assist you in starting up your own coffee shop business:
- Financial Assessment/Evaluation. We will work with you at the start of the process to evaluate your financial status and discuss funding/leasing options that may be available to you through our third-party referral sources.
- Site Selection Guidance. Location, location, location. Our representative will provide selection criteria to help you evaluate and secure a great location for your area. Our ideal café size is between 1200 and 1600 square feet with a seating capacity of approximately 40.
- Additional Preliminary Real Estate Acquisition and Design Assistance. If you would like more assistance with the real estate search and site evaluation, Hard Bean offers the following program. We will:
- Find a commercial real estate broker familiar with the area in which you want to open your store.
- Identify and present up to 3 suitable sites within your chosen area.
- Create a basic design and layout for up to 3 sites so you can better determine the viability of each.
- Provide assistance with language for a letter of intent suitable to your desired site.
The cost to provide this additional service is $3,000, paid in advance. Should you go forward with the purchase of the business, this amount will be credited to your total purchase price.
Once we have executed a purchase contract and received payment, we will continue with the following:
- Café Design/Layout. Once you have secured your location, we will provide technical drawings, a custom floor plan and a café layout, all designed to make the most efficient use of your space and create a warm and inviting atmosphere in your coffee shop.
- Build-Out/Tenant Improvements. Hard Bean will furnish a punch list of tasks that need to be completed during the tenant improvement phase and interface with your local tradesmen (plumbers, electricians, painters, etc.) to ensure your location is ready for delivery and assembly of your Café.
- Ordering and Coordination of Delivery. As a master distributor, we are able to source the highest quality equipment for the best value. We coordinate the ordering, shipping and delivery of all furniture, fixtures and espresso/coffee equipment to your location.
- On-Site Assembly. Once your location is move-in ready, with cabinetry in place, our team will arrive to inspect your contractors’ work, set up your equipment and train your staff. Our typical on-site time is 4 to 7 days and you will pouring coffee and ready to open your business before we leave.
- Training. You will be well trained on the day you open, so you won’t have to experiment on your customers. We’ll share our twenty years of experience in all phases of a coffee café operation. Our training program will cover:
- Equipment operation and maintenance
- Brewing Specialty Coffee
- Espresso and Barista training
- POS and software training
- Purchasing and vendors
- In house promotions
- Employee scheduling… and lots more
On-Going Services and Support
Our years of industry experience have enabled us to forge relationships with several great vendors that offer their services to you at affordable prices.
- Gift Card and Loyalty Program. Programmed into the POS system, this vital component allows you to build a customer data base from your very first customer. This, along with your custom website, can be effectively used for promotions, announcing events, and creating and retaining “friends” of the cafe.
- Payroll Service. We have established a standard payroll format with a major company that makes handling payroll and workers comp requirements a breeze.
- Custom Website. We will build a website for your store that will help market your cafe and connect you with other Hard Bean locations.
It’s simple! We will design and build you a great coffee café, with your input – a business you can expand – all for $139,500. Once we’re finished setting you up and training you, you will have your own coffee business and be pouring great coffee for your customers!